Assists the Finance Department in maintaining accurate accounting systems for Head Start of Lane County, including but not limited to: General Ledger transactions, Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Audit Preparation, and Retirement Plan administration
Account Analysis and Financial Reporting (25%)
- Utilize Agency adopted accounting software and Excel to prepare and analyze monthly, detailed financial variance reports. Prepare detailed notes to explain variances to BOD and management.
- Analyze budget and actual financial data to prepare financial expenditure projections.
- Assist in preparation of financial analysis as requested.
General Ledger Accounting (30%)
- Oversee Period Close Process.
- Monitor Distribution Codes and allocations between programs and grants.
- Prepare transactions for posting including A/R and Journal Vouchers.
- Reconcile assigned General Ledger accounts monthly.
- Assist with Audit Preparation.
Other Responsibilities (20%)
- Assist Finance Director as necessary to process accounting transactions.
- Assist Finance Director with administration of 403(b) retirement plan.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Act as backup for note taking for other confidential employee’s.
- Serve as back-up for other accounting staff.
- Attend training, regional, negotiation and community meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Policy Council Approved: January 2013. November 2017
Last Revision: January 2013. April 2016. November 2016. October 2017. June 2018. August 2021
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.