Assists the Finance Department in maintaining accurate accounting systems for Head Start of Lane County, including but not limited to: General Ledger transactions, Budgeting, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Audit Preparation, and Retirement Plan administration
Account Analysis and Financial Reporting (25%)
- Utilize Agency adopted accounting software and Excel to prepare and analyze monthly, detailed financial variance reports. Prepare detailed notes to explain variances to BOD and management.
- Analyze budget and actual financial data to prepare financial expenditure projections.
- Assist in preparation of financial analysis as requested.
General Ledger Accounting (30%)
- Oversee Period Close Process.
- Monitor Distribution Codes and allocations between programs and grants.
- Prepare transactions for posting including A/R and Journal Vouchers.
- Reconcile assigned General Ledger accounts monthly.
- Assist with Audit Preparation.
Other Responsibilities (20%)
- Assist Finance Director as necessary to process accounting transactions.
- Assist Finance Director with administration of 403(b) retirement plan.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Act as backup for note taking for other confidential employee’s.
- Serve as back-up for other accounting staff.
- Attend training, regional, negotiation and community meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Policy Council Approved: January 2013. November 2017
Last Revision: January 2013. April 2016. November 2016. October 2017. June 2018.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer