To assist the bus driver in providing safe and punctual transportation to and from classroom sites. Observe and monitor behavior of children, interact with parents and staff to promote the well being of children.
- Assist driver with keeping inside of vehicle picked up.
- Responsible to do walkthrough of bus (looking for children and or items left behind) prior to being dropped off
- Assist driver with evacuation drills.
- Assist with paperwork flow between homes and sites.
- Maintain positive communications with parents, drivers and site staff, relaying information to appropriate parties as needed.
- Attend any trainings or meetings as required by Transportation Manager
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Approved by Policy Council : 01/13/04
Last Update: 05/17/04. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.