To provide custodial and minor maintenance for agency, classrooms, offices, common areas, utilities, equipment, fixtures, and materials for the facility and grounds. Follow health and safety procedures and perform safety inspections and checklists to ensure facility and grounds are hazard free.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to use mechanical equipment, such as carpet cleaner, floor scrubber, vacuum, tools etc.
- Ability to use various chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70 lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes occasional ladder climbing and crawling under equipment buildings etc.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
This job description was last updated on 09/2009
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.