To provide custodial and minor maintenance for agency, classrooms, offices, common areas, utilities, equipment, fixtures, and materials for the facility and grounds. Follow health and safety procedures and perform safety inspections and checklists to ensure facility and grounds are hazard free.
- Daily cleaning of classrooms, office, bathrooms, and common areas, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash.
- Inventory control of all cleaning supplies, including ordering and receiving supplies.
- Seasonal deep cleaning and maintenance of building interior and exterior (i.e. Floor waxing, carpet cleaning, pressure wash building).
- Ensure that safety and health procedures are followed as directed by Facilities Manager and/or established policy.
- Perform routine inspections and regular up keep of interior and exterior areas to ensure areas are free of safety hazards, trash, weeds and other foreign materials.
- Perform regular upkeep of outside areas, including lawns, landscaped beds, play grounds and parking lots, to include weeding, trash and litter removal required to keep areas clean, neat and safe.
- Assist with moving office and classroom furniture, fixtures and equipment to support increasing staffing changes, relocations, remodels, program expansion and custodial requirements.
- Miscellaneous minor maintenance; (i.e. changing filters, unclog toilets, daylight bulbs etc)
- Assist with training and event set ups.
- Complete Safety Checklist on a monthly basis.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required or recommended by supervisor. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond to on-call custodial/minor maintenance emergencies outside of regular assigned hours. Emergency Call Back pay, per current labor contract, applies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred and one year custodial or related work experience.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to include availability to perform occasional emergency services outside of assigned work hours.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Employment contingent upon the results of the following:
- Enrollment in Child Care Division- Central Background Registry
- DMV check
- Drug Screen
- Physical Capacity Examination
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to use mechanical equipment, such as carpet cleaner, floor scrubber, vacuum, tools etc.
- Ability to use various chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70 lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes occasional ladder climbing and crawling under equipment buildings etc.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 51 weeks per program year (unless temporary/substitute)
- Bargaining Unit
- Supervised by Facilities Manager
This job description was last updated on 09/2009
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.