To provide custodial and minor maintenance for agency, classrooms, offices, common areas, utilities, equipment, fixtures, and materials for the facility and grounds. Follow health and safety procedures and perform safety inspections and checklists to ensure facility and grounds are hazard free.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to use mechanical equipment, such as carpet cleaner, floor scrubber, vacuum, tools etc.
- Ability to use various chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 50 lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70 lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes occasional ladder climbing and crawling under equipment buildings etc.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
This job description was last updated on 09/2009. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.