To ensure support for the food Service Team at the Head Start Main Kitchen in the areas of dishwashing, clean-up, kitchen sanitation and assistance with food preparation.
- Wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils using approved sanitation methods.
- Return all items to their proper storage site.
- Complete routine maintenance of kitchen and equipment, including weekly deep cleaning.
- Assist with assembling of food, dishes, utensils and supplies needed for timely meal preparation.
- Prepare and sort food for meal preparation at outlying sites.
- Adhere to sanitation and safety procedures prescribed for the Head Start kitchen.
- Assist with food storage and inventory.
- Other duties as requested
- Work cooperatively with Head Start staff, primarily the main kitchen and food service delivery staff.
- Frequent interaction with Food Service Manager
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start policy on confidentiality.
- Previous experience in a professional food production operation which includes dishwashing.
- Knowledge of quantity food preparation and equipment.
- Knowledge of approved sanitation. methods
- Reliable transportation
- Spanish language ability and or previous Head Start setting a plus.
- Enrollment in Child Care Division – Central Background Registry
- Current Food Handler’s Card
- Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes
- Continuous standing in kitchen area for most of shift.
- Regular kneeling, stooping and bending.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent decisions to assure compliance with performance standards.
- 9 months per program year
- Supervised by Food Service Manager
This job description was last updated April 29, 1999
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer