Apply professional expertise in coordination with the Health/Nutrition Consultant in monitoring, consultation, training, and daily oversight of Health/Nutrition Services. Assist the Health/Nutrition Consultant in creating and maintaining collaborations with community agencies and Health Providers. Collaborate with all members of the Health and Nutrition team to assure that Performance Standards and Health/Nutrition policies and procedures are implemented consistently across the entire program.
- In coordination with the Health/Nutrition Consultant use a multidisciplinary team approach to provide health and nutrition services to children, families and staff
- Provide information, referral, and coordinating efforts to link staff and families to appropriate community resources.
- Provide guidance to managers and be active in the safety committee regarding the assessment and follow-up of safety concerns and hazards.
- Provide clarification and technical support to all staff in implementing all Health and Nutrition policies and procedures.
- First level of response to all staff for inquiries about the Health and Nutrition department.
In coordination with Health/Nutrition Consultant, design and deliver training to staff, parents and volunteers in these specific areas: (additional topics may be designated by Health/Nutrition Consultant)
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Hearing and Vision screening
- OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Standards
- USDA/CACFP training
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Child Safety
- Disaster Response
- In coordination with the Health/Nutrition Consultant, maintain relationships and collaboration with the medical and dental communities and other community health agencies and partners.
- Participate on community health related projects, work groups, and initiatives as assigned by Health/Nutrition Consultant.
- Coordinate all initial vision, hearing and nutrition screenings in the program. Refer failed screenings to Health/Nutrition Consultant for recommendations, referrals for appropriate medical follow up.
- Collaborate directly with Health/Nutrition Consultant, Food Services Manager and Contracted Registered Dietician to assure that appropriate Special Diet menus are produced in electronic format (using appropriate computer software) each month, and that the Special Diet information is in Agency adopted software and is updated and accurate.
- Conduct visits at all Lane County Head Start locations as directed by Health Consultant.
- Participate in the coordination of the program’s annual self assessment as directed by the Health/Nutrition Consultant.
- In coordination with Health/Nutrition Consultant, review and analyze data from Agency adopted software, including quarterly monitoring of individual family and classrooms to ensure nutrition and health needs are being met.
- Ensure that Health Services materials are tracked and accounted for. (Along with Health Services Assistant)
- Attend meeting, staffing, training and professional development activities as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
https://bigsurlandtrust.org/care/canada-drug-pharmacy/20/ how to write a synthesis essay stupid essays written by kids scholarship essay writing help https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/essays-service-learning/27/ thesis font ddl free management case study write my geology curriculum vitae https://homemods.org/usc/english-essay-introduction-example/46/ https://medpsychmd.com/nurse/prednisone-in-pregnancy/63/ top 10 essay writing services https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/mla-format-for-a-essay/17/ https://www.nationalautismcenter.org/letter/ethnography-paper-topics/26/ cheapest regalis viagra example topic sentence comparison essay importing viagra to uk how to make a strong thesis statement for an essay http://www.chesszone.org/lib/buy-paper-silver-2562.html can i mix cocaine and viagra source go site follow link https://heystamford.com/writing/writing-admission-essay-graduate-school/8/ hydrochlorothiazide and hair loss http://hyperbaricnurses.org/2696-heart-herbal-mixing-viagra/ viagra online store review scientific paper headings go site essay on it industry how to track stolen ipad with serial number All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Social Services, Health and or Nutrition focus preferred.
- At least one year of related experience, with emphasis on training and knowledge of community health/nutrition resources.
- Current training/certification requirements to teach Infant/Child CPR and First Aid or an ability to complete the required training within one month of hire.
- Advanced computer skills, (i.e. creating documents/forms, database/spreadsheet knowledge etc.), internet and e-mail.
- Must complete certification training to become Certified Passenger Seat Safety Technician within 1st year.
- Current enrollment in Child Care Division-Criminal History Registry.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License, reliable transportation, DMV Check.
- Ability to utilize various agency resources including technology to appropriately answer questions and provide guidance to staff and parents.
- Ability to train and provide presentations to large and small groups.
- Ability to collaborate with and have working knowledge of local community resources related to health/nutrition services.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load and deadlines.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk, standing to file misc.documents in filing cabinet.
- Occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional driving to provide program support.
- 44 to 48 weeks
- Pay Grade 10/11 DOE
- Supervised by Health Consultant
Policy Council approval: 2/12/08, Job Description created 01/08
Updated: June 2018
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer