Assist classroom staff in implementing the individualized goals and objectives set forth for a particular child/children that has been identified as needing specialized assistance. Aide will observe and record specific behavioral data as well as targeted goals and objectives and routinely communicate observations and progress with program staff, consultants and parents.
Classroom Activity ( 75%)
- Adapt planned activities, materials and equipment to facilitate participation by special needs child/children.
- Help promote communication, play and socialization between the special needs child/children and other children in the classroom.
- Perform required care-giving activities for child/children, i.e. feeding, toileting, dressing etc.
- Implement behavior management techniques and monitor progress & effectiveness
- Observe, record and monitor child’s/children’s progress in the classroom.
Collaboration with Classroom Staff (25%)
- Assist staff in implementing curriculum and individualized goals for the special needs child/children to promote growth and learning in all developmental areas.
- Routinely communicate observations and progress with classroom staff, consultants and parents. Insure that professional ethics and confidentiality are maintained.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- Length of employment determined by child’s enrollment.
- Non Bargaining Unit/Temporary Position
- Supervised by Regional Manager
Approved by Policy Council 02/12/02, edited 05/2012. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.