The program provides parents with opportunities to give input on educational activities in the classroom and engage in site fundraising efforts.
- At parent meetings and home visits, parents are given opportunities to give input on classroom activities that specifically meet the needs of each Head Start child.
- Efforts are made to focus on child and family wellness, including parents input on activities that address these issues.
- Parents are involved in planning activities that enhance the classroom, home visits, and field trips. (see Field Trips Policy)
- Parents are encouraged and recruited to help with classroom activities and field trips on a regular basis..
- Parents plan and implement fund raising activities to obtain funds to enable children to go on trips, purchase supplies and equipment to implement educational activities that are above and beyond regular operating funds. (see Sub-Committees and Description of Standing Committees and Parent Fund Raising guideline policy in the Document Archive)
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45 CFR Section 1304.40.
It was approved by Policy Council on September 9, 1997.
Updated August 2012
© 2012. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.