Home visits (Combo model) are planned with families to help them provide learning opportunities that enhance their child’s growth and development. Over the course of a month, home visits contain elements of all Head Start program components.
- Staff will schedule approximately two home visits each month for a minimum of 17 visits across the program year
- Visits will be scheduled for 1.5 hrs for each visit.
- Visits that are cancelled by staff will be rescheduled as needed to meet the required minimum.
- When conducting home visits with an interpreter, staff will go over material to be discussed before the contact takes place.
- At each home visit, staff will plan the content of the subsequent home visit with the family.
- Home visits will be planned and documented using the Home Visit Plan form and placed in child’s site file.
- Visits will be documented in WebCAF
- Home visit activities will assist family in the use of the home as the child’s primary learning environment to enhance their child’s growth and development.
- At home visits, parents will be offered opportunities to improve their parenting skills.
- Each home visit will include:
- Greeting child & family
- Parent/Child Activity
- Makes use of materials readily available in home to the extent feasible
- Provides opportunities for child to work on targeted skills/goals as determined by developmental assessment.
- On-going monitoring related to all program components (i.e., education, disabilities, health, nutrition, family services) such as:
- Screening results & Referral follow up
- Assessment updates
- IFSP follow up
- Parent time
- Family Partnership Plan & goals
- Information and Referrals
- Planning with Parent for following visit.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standards Sect.1306.34 (a)(2), 1306.34 (a)(4), 1306.34 (c)(1), 1306.34 (c)(2), 1306.33 (b)
Policy Council approved September 2013