To increase parents knowledge about child growth and development.
- On a regular basis, parents and staff plan activities to strengthen parents’ knowledge and confidence about child development and how to best meet their own child’s needs.
- Activities can take place at family activity events, open houses parent/teacher conferences, informal/formal workshops, and home visits. Areas covered include:
- dental care,
- child development,
- special needs,
- parenting strategies,
- child guidance,
- child abuse prevention. (see Child Abuse policy)
- family engagement
- school readiness
- Family and financial literacy
- child advocacy
- Information is provided in both oral and written forms in the primary language of the parent.
- Site newsletters will also include topics related to child growth and development. (see Site Classroom Newsletters policy)
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45 CFR Section 1304.40.
It was approved by Policy Council on September 9, 1997. August 12, 2014
Updated July 2, 1999. June 26, 2002. August 2012. August 2014
© 1995-2014. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.