Newsletters are sent home to provide on-going information about classroom, site, program and community activities.
Newsletters will be sent to each parent by the last day of the first week of October, November/December (available November); January/February (available January); March/April (available March); May/June (available May); July/August (site specific for full day only).
- Direct Service Teams (DST) and Family Support Coordinator (FSC) will be responsible to contribute information for a site specific newsletter. Approval by the Regional Manager (RM) will be obtained prior to publication.
- RM will monitor provision of newsletters to families in their region.
- Text will be forwarded to the Regional Assistant (RA) by the 15th of the preceding month. The RA will forward the text to the appropriate translator. RAs will format and produce site/ classroom newsletter. Suggestions for content include:
- field trips
- family activity events summary of the past event, announcement of the next event, committee meetings and decisions, family involvement highlights, opportunities and Policy Council information
- special events in the community
- classroom news
- family literacy and financial literacy information
- staff schedules/schedule changes
- curriculum ideas/plans
- information on current job openings in Head Start and other locations.
- volunteer recognition
- school readiness / transition information
- The current newsletter will be posted in parent areas and a copy will be sent to all families by family preferred contact method (e-mail, mail).
- Copies of all newsletters will be kept in the Family Information notebook and a copy forwarded to the Family Service / Community Partnership Consultant
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45CFR Section 1304.40.
It was approved by Policy Council on September 9, 1997. August 23, 2011. August 12, 2014
Updated July 2, 1999. June 26, 2002. July 27, 2003. June 9, 2005. June 2008. June 2011. August 2012. June 2013.July 2014
© 1995-2014. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.