Under the supervision of the Head Start Director this position has three major responsibilities:
- Coordinates professional development and training services for Agency with primary focus on program and direct service staff.
- Works closely with Agency Consultants to ensure accurate reporting and procedural.
- Provides strategic and tactical support to the Agency by analyzing and interpreting the data to provide creative solutions.
- Schedule, facilitate monthly training committee meetings.
- Create and monitor agency training plan. Identify, develop and provide additional training as determined by surveys, emergent issues and other agency needs.
- Collaborate with consultants and managers to ensure: mandatory trainings (admin, component, food service, transportation, etc.) are included in annual training plan.
- Collaborate with CDD Consultant to ensure that annual training for classroom staff meets Performance Standard and state licensing mandates.
- Monitor training budget and expenditures.
- Collaborate with IT department to identify and implement technology resources related to training needs.
- Assist Human Resources Department in developing and maintaining tracking systems for education/certification plans and maintain records.
- Maintain records and disburse Teacher quality funds for staff education requests approved by the Training Committee.
- Collaborate with CDA team to assess process and to identify training hour requirements for staff.
- Ensure that training/educational opportunities/resources are communicated to staff via portal postings, fliers.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the annual self-assessment process.
- Ability to become a data interpretation expert, should have knowledge of data analysis tools and computer systems technology.
- Assures the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis.
- Collect and collate appropriate data for usage in databases.
- Accurate coding of variables from original information or data and completing statistical analyses as required.
- Analyze data with standard statistical methods, providing written summary of data analyses.
- Participate in ongoing decisions concerning data collections, study design, methodology, and data analysis.
- Provide support for research projects, including location and participants.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- BA/BS or MA in Early Childhood Education, Business Administration, Statistics, Non-profit Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional level experience preferably in a social service or business administration environment including grants administration, monitoring/training responsibilities.
- Demonstrated teaching or training skills.
- Ability to think and problem-solve creatively
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to set and revise policies and procedures while brokering buy-in from all stakeholders
- Demonstrate capacity to frame complex situations and present options
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Advanced computer skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Current enrollment in Child Care Division-Central Background Registry.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License/ Proof of auto insurance/DMV check
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with agency and community resources.
- Ability to provide compliance monitoring in a proactive and supportive manner.
- Substantial problem solving to devise solutions which address organizational deficits or potential deficits in a changing regulatory environment
- Ability to make decisions in the recommendation of training and /or referral to address assessed needs.
- Ability to translate theory and professional training into practical solutions
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Exempt Position/Non Barg Unit
Supervised by Head Start Director
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Policy Council approved: September 2015
Updated: June 2018