Ensuring the safety of your children is our number one priority at Head Start. We want your child/children to feel safe at school and get the best education possible.
Classroom staff are certified in CPR and administering first aid.
In case of an emergency we will contact you or your emergency contact in addition to any of these necessary resources below:
- Emergency Services (9-1-1)
- Emergency room or clinic
- Poison Control
- Health Consultant at Head Start, a Registered Nurse
LOOK FOR THESE SIGNS
BEFORE SENDING YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL
An oral temperature over 100 if taken under the arm.
A painful red throat, even if no fever is present or a deep hacking cough.
Severe congestion. Difficulty breathing or untreated wheezing.
- Vomiting (more than one time in 24 hours)
- Diarrhea (runny, watery or bloody stools. This could be a serious sign and may need medical attention immediately)
- Complaints of a stiff neck/headache with one or more of the above symptoms.
- Thick green drainage from the nose along with sinus pressure, fever and tiredness.
- Yellow discharge from the eyes.
- An unusual yellow coloring to the skin or eyes.
- Cuts or openings on the skin that are pus-filled or oozing.
- Lice or nits in hair.
- A contagious disease. if you know or suspect your child is contagious with a disease then call Family services or a doctor.