Support Operations Director in day to day operational and administrative functions of the Facilities Department. Schedule and provide routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, remodels and installations. Prioritize and schedule support services such as transporting materials/furnishings related to staffing changes, re-locations and expansion of facilities and training or event set ups. Schedule, direct and oversee Facilities Assistants in the absence of Operations Director.
- Strong knowledge and skill in repair and maintenance of equipment, minor plumbing, minor electrical, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures and use of tools common to the trades.
- Ability to prepare bids and project management, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 70lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes frequent ladder climbing and occasionally crawling under buildings.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 52 weeks per program
- Pay Grade 11 (Bargaining Unit)
- Supervised by Operations Director
- Work conditions, outdoors in all types of weather and indoors in varying conditions, dust, dirt, handling of chemicals, paint and other semi hazardous materials etc.
Policy Council approved May 2014
Updated: August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.