Support Operations Director in day to day operational and administrative functions of the Facilities Department. Schedule and provide routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, remodels and installations. Prioritize and schedule support services such as transporting materials/furnishings related to staffing changes, re-locations and expansion of facilities and training or event set ups. Schedule, direct and oversee Facilities Assistants in the absence of Operations Director.
- Strong knowledge and skill in repair and maintenance of equipment, minor plumbing, minor electrical, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures and use of tools common to the trades.
- Ability to prepare bids and project management, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 70lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes frequent ladder climbing and occasionally crawling under buildings.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 52 weeks per program
- Pay Grade 11 (Bargaining Unit)
- Supervised by Operations Director
- Work conditions, outdoors in all types of weather and indoors in varying conditions, dust, dirt, handling of chemicals, paint and other semi hazardous materials etc.
Policy Council approved May 2014