Supervise high volume production/preparation, delivery and service of meals in accordance with established standards of nutrition, health and sanitation. Collaborate with Nutrition Consultant to plan nutritious meals and snacks for Head Start and Early Head Start students, parents and teachers. Perform administrative tasks in support of the food preparation process, including documentation maintenance of records.
- Plan, develop and edit various menus in consultation with the Health Nutrition Consultant.
- Produce menus in English and Spanish, including nutrition information.
- Assist in the development of recipes to accommodate special diets and monitor individual children’s needs.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required, including an annual board presentation of USDA budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
All communications are potentially sensitive and subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
This job descriptions was last updated on 08/01/06, 08/2013, 03/2014. 12/2016
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.