Acts a back up for main kitchen operation in absence of Food Service Manager. Assure food delivery to classrooms and prepare meals per USDA and Head Start standards.
- Deliver meals from kitchen to site kitchens on an as needed basis.
- Order and pick up miscellaneous supplies as needed.
- Ensure program compliance as needed.
- Assurance that quality services are delivered in a coordinated, integrated manner.
- Submit monthly reports on food service activities to the Food Service Manager.
- Monitor and assure availability of supplies, equipment and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start policy on confidentiality.
9 month position
Supervised by Food Service Manager
This job description was last updated June 2016. November 2017. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.