Coordinate all functions of the organization. Work with Executive Director in providing leadership in planning, designing, implementing and evaluating program systems and in representing the agency in local, regional, state and national communities.
- Hire, coach and evaluate the performance of Program Consultants, Regional Managers, Data Monitoring & Professional Development Manager, Enrollment (ERSEA) Manager and Executive Assistant.
- Facilitate resolution of conflicts.
- Promote a consistent exchange of information across the Agency.
- Encourage and support professional development opportunities.
- Facilitate conflict resolution.
- Plan and facilitate regular leadership meetings.
- Participate in the design of internal structures, systems and policies.
- Ensure adequate systems in place to maintain highest quality of services to children and families in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Ensure consistency in service delivery across program with attention to inclusive practices and integration of component areas; encourage continuous improvement of systems.
- Ensure coordination among components, across levels and with the organization.
- Participate in development of program interagency agreements and contracts.
- Establish and maintain relationships and collaborations with public school districts, systems of higher education, and other community agencies and partners.
- Attend interagency organizational and planning meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in professional development activities and organized community events.
- Design and deliver formal presentations.
- Represent Head Start on local planning bodies.
- Regular formal presentations to parents, staff, Board of Directors and community groups to provide information and ensure collaboration.
- Oversee the efforts of managers and consultants in the monitoring and control of component budgets; identification and interpretation of Head Start and community needs; conformance to Performance Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the development of collaborations and facility development for future expansion of families and/or services.
- Participate in weekly HS executive meetings in development of program budgets and reviews.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, and a minimum of five years professional leadership/management and supervisory experience preferably in educational non-profit.
- Significant experience in administration, including knowledge of State licensing requirements and Head Start Performance Standards. Strong knowledge of best practices and systems in the field of early childhood.
- Experience in design and delivery of training.
- Strong computer skills, including internet and e-mail, excel and the ability to learn new systems as needed
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License/proof of auto insurance/annual DMV check required.
- Current enrollment in Child Care Division – Central Background Registry.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Sustained concentration and ability to handle multiple tasks often simultaneously.
- Significant diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to direct and assess the performance of program supervisors and consultants.
- Ability to handle highly stressful and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret and implement complex policies and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in all employee interactions.
- Frequent sitting for long periods using computer keyboard, telephone and other office machines.
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines.
Position – Exempt/Non Bargaining Unit
Supervised by the Executive Director.
52 weeks per year
Job description created May 1994, Updates August 2008, March 2011, September 2015
Board Approval 04/19/2011; 10/20/2015
PC Approval 04/12/2011; 10/13/2015
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
© 2015 Head Start of Lane County | 221 B Street, Springfield, OR 97477 | (541) 747-2425