The Family Support/Interpreter will be the lead person in the Family engagement process. The Family Support/Interpreter will carry a case load of Spanish Speaking Families to assist with, and provide community resources and collaborations, support service delivery, monitoring and reporting, and providing best practices in working with Spanish Speaking families
- Assist and provide support and coordination for Spanish Speaking families with required procedures: enrollment, orientations, registration, classroom screenings and child assessments.
- Assist Spanish-speaking telephone callers with receiving and giving information.
- Translate written materials from English to Spanish: flyers, letters to parents, calendars etc.
- Assist Agency direct service staff with verbal communication with Spanish-speaking families (e.g., parent activity events, home visits, parent-teacher conferences, etc.)
- Attend staffing and meetings with direct service staff either in small group or one on one as needed.
- Attend monthly meetings with the group on interpreters lead by the Family Support/Interpreter Specialist.
- Provide resources and referrals to Spanish speaking families as requested to support their efforts and family partnership plans. Set/monitor appropriate family and/or individual goals.
- Ensure that health follow up and screenings requirements are met for Spanish Speaking children.
- Attend Regional and Agency training that pertain to the Family Service Component.
- Document in the Agency Data System the support provided and interactions with Spanish Speaking Families.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 44 to 48 weeks per year with layoff weeks
- Pay Grade 8
- Supervised by Regional Manager
Job Description last updated 07/20/01, 07/22/2013; 10/2015 (job title updated)
Policy Council approved 11/2015; 9/2017
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.