To ensure the compliance of the performance standards in the preparation, storage, and clean up of meals provided to/by Head Start.
Food Preparation and Clean Up (95%)
- Direct the preparation of approximately 40 meals per day that meet Head Start and USDA nutrition requirements.
- Plan work schedule so that food production flows smoothly
- Develop and follow standardized recipes, and use portion control methods, including the weighing/measuring of meal components.
- Ensure that special diets (as determined by Food Service Manager) are adhered to.
- Ensure that meals are prepared on schedule.
- Use appropriate guidelines for estimating amounts to be prepared, utilizing leftovers for subsequent child meals whereever possible and ensuring that extra food or leftovers are distributed or disposed of per policy.
- Use food production and food storage procedures that are in compliance with the Lane County Health Department.
- Perform weekly food inventory and place order to Central Kitchen for items needed.
- Plan and complete routine cleaning and maintenance of kitchen and equipment.
- Wash and sanitize utensils and dishes thoroughly, assist with classroom cleanup.
- Maintain proper hygiene and dress requirements for food service staff
MINOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- Assist with supervision of volunteers.
- Help to integrate the kitchen into Head Start programs by participating in nutrition education activities.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with Head Start staff and parents.
- Communicate and problem solve with Regional Manager, Food Service Manager and/or Health/Nutrition Consultant.
- Attend trainings and meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 9 months
- Supervised by Regional Manager
This job description was last updated on July 9, 1999. Edited March 2013. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.