Head Start of Lane County provides paid holiday time to eligible substitute employees.
Substitute employees are eligible for paid holiday time when meeting all of the following requirements:
The substitute employee:
- Is unable to work their regularly scheduled work hours due to the Agency’s closure for the holiday
- Is committed to a long term assignment that extends before and after the holiday
- Is in paid status on the scheduled work days prior to and following the holiday
- Worked at least twenty (20) hours per week during the pay period prior to the holiday
- Eligible substitute employees shall be paid for the holiday as though they worked their regular schedule, and not to exceed eight (8) hours for that day.
- Substitute employees will enter paid holiday time during the pay period containing the holiday. Holiday time must be entered before the end of the pay period. The pay period schedule is given to employees at the time of hire and is available in the Document Achieve > Admin > Calendars
- The Data Monitoring & Professional Development Manager will analyze substitute employees’ eligibility for paid holiday time.
- The Data Monitoring & Professional Development Manager will inform applicable managers (Regional Managers, Assistant Regional Managers, Food Service Manager, Transportation Manager) and the Finance Department of substitute employees that meet eligibility requirements for paid holiday time.
- The Finance Department will load the holiday leave code for substitute employees that are eligible for paid holiday time.
- The Data Monitoring & Professional Development Manager will send eligible substitute employees a message via the electronic time card system (EWS) that informs them of their eligibility for paid holiday time.
- Eligible substitute employees are responsible for entering holiday time on the electronic time card system (EWS). Applicable managers (Regional Managers, Assistant Regional Managers, Food Service Manager, Transportation Manager) and the Data Monitoring & Professional Development Manager are available to support substitute employees with entering holiday time.
- Holiday time will be paid on the substitute employee’s regularly scheduled paycheck for the pay period.
Policy Council approved: April 2016