Position is responsible for payroll processing, preparation and submission of federal and state payroll tax payments, and benefit administration. Focus on accurate bi-weekly payroll processing utilizing SAGE HR/Payroll and Accounting Software modules.
I. Payroll (40%)
- Use of Agency adopted HR/Payroll and Accounting Software modules for processing of payroll.
- Maintain Agency adopted HR/Payroll database including updating of cost centers and earnings codes.
- Review, calculate and process paper timecards for substitutes.
- Generate, review and audit payroll files for accuracy before processing.
- Print and distribute paychecks to staff not receiving direct deposit.
- Transmit files to bank for direct deposit of paychecks to staff accounts.
- Maintain documentation for each payroll processed.
- Prepare requisition orders for benefits, deduction and tax payments.
- Keep current on wage and hour laws and ensure payroll procedures meet all guidelines and federal and state requirements.
- Reconcile payroll, tax, deduction and benefit general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Process wage garnishment orders per mandated rules and regulations.
II. Tax Preparation and Submission (20%)
- Prepare, reconcile and submit bi-weekly, federal and state tax payments utilizing Agency adopted software for preparation and reconciliation purposes and on federal and state websites for payments.
- File all federal and state quarterly and annual payroll tax related reports including 941s, OQs,132s, etc.
- Reconcile all payroll tax related general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
III. Benefit Administration (30%)
- Ensure documents related to insurance, beneficiaries, payroll deductions and other benefits are completed and maintained.
- Ensure timely and accurate vendor enrollment for benefited staff.
- Coordinate insurance enrollments for pre-tax deductions.
- Conduct monthly audit of employee benefit status, including payment of insurance premiums, flexible spending accounts, tax sheltered annuities etc.
- Verify, and if needed adjust, invoices and prepare requisition orders for all benefit provider payments.
- Track COBRA payments from terminated employees and/or dependents; maintain accurate records and terminate coverage when appropriate.
- Prepare and submit online 403(b) bi-weekly employee contributions and annual employer contributions.
- Provide 403(b) information to the Finance Director annually (at the end of each fiscal year), regarding each employee’s eligibility for an HSOLC contribution to their retirement account.
- Reconcile all benefit balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
Accounting Support (10%)
- Provide back-up functions for other finance staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred or Associates Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum five years accounting experience with focus in payroll. Fund accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAGE/MIP HR/Payroll and Accounting software modules and/or proven ability to manage complex computerized payroll systems.
- Experience preparing payroll tax federal and state quarterly and annual payroll tax related reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of current wage and hour law and payroll and tax regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to monitor and prioritize work load and meet strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to understand and utilize complex computerized software systems.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpretation and problem solving skills, particularly regarding accounting, payroll tax, and regulatory obligations.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide assistance in collaborative fashion.
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk.
- Regular standing to file miscellaneous documents in filing cabinet.
- Occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Enrollment in Child Care Division- Central Background Registry required prior to hire.
- All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 52 weeks per program year
- Bargaining Unit
- Supervised by Finance Director
levitra cialis viagra trial pack https://aspirebhdd.org/health/viagra-its-effects/12/ essay holiday experience essay writers net sys www school discovery com homeworkhelp viagra price in bangalore http://v-nep.org/classroom/what-are-the-parts-of-a-research-article/04/ paper write up viagra cost at target qui a deja acheter du viagra sur internet follow link buy paper notebooks click source link where can viagra be bought https://www.newburghministry.org/spring/help-me-do-my-homework/20/ enter site custom ghostwriter website us efectos secundarios del viagra en la mujer how to write the introduction of an essay academic goals essay examples source site thesis introduction about gadgets top resume writing services 2013 click here boston university supplement essay leadership definition essay good event coordinator cover letter http://hyperbaricnurses.org/11690-viagra-buy-india/ how to prepare a seminar paper enter site This Job Description was last updated on Jan 2008, July 2012. June 2018
Policy Council approval January 8, 2008
Head Start of Lane County is EEO Employer.