Process eligibility applications per systems, procedures and policies established by the agency. Make eligibility decisions that meet requirements of Federal Head Start Performance Standards and any local, state and/or agency policies. Coordinate recruitment efforts to help ensure ample wait list selection for all sites. Coordinate Full Day billing process by facilitating communication between Head Start Full Day Program, Head Start Finance Department, Oregon Department of Human Services and families served by the HSOLC Full Day Program.
- Maintain filing systems and eligibility files for all enrolled, previously enrolled and wait listed applicants. Ensure files are accurate and accessible for both processing and annual audits.
- Process requests for educational records made by parents or other agencies ensuring Permission to Exchange has been granted or checking ID as necessary.
- Form and maintain working relationships with outside agencies to facilitate both recruitment and services to enrolled and wait listed families.
- Attend recruitment events.
- Assist with enrollment. Conduct enrollments as needed.
- Coordinate Full Day billing process:
- Attend monthly billing meeting.
- Process billing forms from DHS Direct Pay Unit to ensure subsidy payments are made to HSOLC in a timely manner. Contact DPU when billing issues arise
- Follow up with Full Day families to collect on Parent Pay agreements. Communicate with families by text, phone, email and/or in writing.
- Maintain open, ongoing communication with Full Day region staff to ensure highest level of service to families (regarding HSOLC model options and placement, families’ financial concerns, referrals, etc).
- Central office reception duties as needed.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Approved by Policy Council on 08/09/05, edited 02/22/2010, revised 08/2014, revised 12/2014, revised 07/2019
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.