Process eligibility applications per systems, procedures and policies established by the agency. Make eligibility decisions that meet requirements of Federal Head Start Performance Standards and any local, state and/or agency policies. Coordinate recruitment efforts to help ensure ample wait list selection for all sites. Coordinate Full Day billing process by facilitating communication between Head Start Full Day Program, Head Start Finance Department, Oregon Department of Human Services and families served by the HSOLC Full Day Program.
- Maintain filing systems and eligibility files for all enrolled, previously enrolled and wait listed applicants. Ensure files are accurate and accessible for both processing and annual audits.
- Process requests for educational records made by parents or other agencies ensuring Permission to Exchange has been granted or checking ID as necessary.
- Form and maintain working relationships with outside agencies to facilitate both recruitment and services to enrolled and wait listed families.
- Attend recruitment events.
- Assist with enrollment. Conduct enrollments as needed.
- Coordinate Full Day billing process:
- Attend monthly billing meeting.
- Process billing forms from DHS Direct Pay Unit to ensure subsidy payments are made to HSOLC in a timely manner. Contact DPU when billing issues arise
- Follow up with Full Day families to collect on Parent Pay agreements. Communicate with families by text, phone, email and/or in writing.
- Maintain open, ongoing communication with Full Day region staff to ensure highest level of service to families (regarding HSOLC model options and placement, families’ financial concerns, referrals, etc).
- Central office reception duties as needed.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Approved by Policy Council on 08/09/05,
Edited 02/22/2010, revised 08/2014, revised 12/2014, revised 07/2019. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.