To coordinate the function of the Facilities Department: delegate assignments and oversee progress of work orders; meet and coordinate with subcontractors; manage budget; coordinate routine maintenance. Maintain related records and ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Substantial decision making relative to personnel, safety, fiscal and facility/maintenance management.
- Significant problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement a variety of regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to repair and maintain equipment, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures.
- Regular lifting up to 70lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70lbs., with assistance.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities.
- Regular reaching including over-head to stock and retriever supplies, equipment, painting, repairs, etc.
- Regular keyboarding, filing, phone and computer use sitting at workstation.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Policy Council Approval: May 2008
Update: August 2016. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.