The Finance Director is responsible for all financial matters of Head Start of Lane County (HSOLC). The Finance Director will report to and work closely with the Executive Director. In addition, s/he will partner with the executive team and the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The Finance Director will oversee all compliance and recognition for government (federal and state) contracts and private grants. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing a finance staff.
The Finance Director will be a seasoned and mature leader with at least 3-5 years of combined finance experience and education, in not-for-profit work, followed by experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership. S/he will ideally have experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources including government (federal and state) grants and contracts.
The Finance Director will have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of a BS in Business, Accounting or Finance; a CPA and/or MBA/Graduate level Accounting Degree is a plus
- At least three years of experience and education as Finance Director or equivalent, in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $5 million.
- Experience in a senior-financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the OMB Uniform Guidance: Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
This job description was last updated on March 6, 2000. March 2015. September 2018
Policy Council approved November 2015. September 2018
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.