The Hardware Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all HSOLC hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance. The individual will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+)
- Proven experience as computer technician or similar role
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Very good communication abilities
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills
Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes
- Employment conditional upon results of the following:
- Enrollment in Child Care Division- Central Background Registry
- DMV check
- Drug Screen
- Physical Examination and Physical Capacity Examination
- Physical capability, strength and coordination adequate to drive agency vehicles.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for up to 100 yards.
- The ability to regularly to bend, stoop, kneel, and crawl in order to work behind and under equipment.
- Frequent bending at neck, frequent bending at waist and knees and occasional squatting.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to perform occasional weekend and/or after hour services.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
This job description was developed on March 2, 2021
Policy Council approved April 7, 2021
Updated: August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Are you able to perform all of the duties stated in the job description?
Signature : _____________________________________ Date: _______________
Print Name: ________________________________________________________