Performs a variety of skilled technical support for Human Resources staff and programs, employee evaluations and provides back up support to the areas of employment recruitment and selection, data management activities, employee relations, and/or other related technical support functions
- Provides technical support to and manages the assigned Human Resources activities. Follows assigned processes and procedure to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and legal requirements.
- Provides assistance and responds to inquiries and questions from applicants, mangers, supervisors, and employees; evaluates situations as to appropriate human resources policies, procedures, and processes.
- Conducts formal studies and projects relating to training, staffing and employment.
- Complies, evaluates, and organizes information and data for review, may conduct special reports or studies; maintains documentation and files in a confidential manner.
- Assists with scheduling interviews, processing hires in coordination with HR Specialist.
- Assists with coordinating of programs, projects and personnel within specified timelines; may independently facilitate meetings and present information to groups.
- Provides HR Director support during meeting as needed.
- Participants in training and development activities and present information to employee groups.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties as required in the assigned work area(s).
- Attends various training and development courses and programs in the Human Resource field. May represent the agency at task forces, committees, etc. as assigned.
- Become familiar with Employee Contracts and Employee Handbooks.
- Assist with reception desk coverage daily.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to the Head Start policy on confidentiality.
This job description was last updated on 03/06, 07/08. 06/09, 7/13, 6/15, 6/2019. August 2021
Policy Council Approval 04/11/00. 6/09/15
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.