Performs a variety of skilled technical support for Human Resources staff and programs, employee evaluations and provides back up support to the areas of employment recruitment and selection, data management activities, employee relations, and/or other related technical support functions
- Provides technical support to and manages the assigned Human Resources activities. Follows assigned processes and procedure to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and legal requirements.
- Provides assistance and responds to inquiries and questions from applicants, mangers, supervisors, and employees; evaluates situations as to appropriate human resources policies, procedures, and processes.
- Conducts formal studies and projects relating to training, staffing and employment.
- Complies, evaluates, and organizes information and data for review, may conduct special reports or studies; maintains documentation and files in a confidential manner.
- Assists with scheduling interviews, processing hires in coordination with HR Specialist.
- Assists with coordinating of programs, projects and personnel within specified timelines; may independently facilitate meetings and present information to groups.
- Provides HR Director support during meeting as needed.
- Participants in training and development activities and present information to employee groups.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties as required in the assigned work area(s).
- Attends various training and development courses and programs in the Human Resource field. May represent the agency at task forces, committees, etc. as assigned.
- Become familiar with Employee Contracts and Employee Handbooks.
- Assist with reception desk coverage daily.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to the Head Start policy on confidentiality.
This job description was last updated on 03/06, 07/08. 06/09, 7/13, 6/15, 6/2019
Policy Council Approval 04/11/00. 6/09/15
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.