Coordinate the purchase of materials, supplies and equipment. Exercise initiative and judgment in problem solving related to purchasing costs and equipment maintenance. Ensure procurement policies are upheld and the Agency is receiving best value on all items ordered. Train personnel in use of the electronic procurement system.
- Serves as Administrator for Electronic Requisitioning software module.
- Coordinate all purchases of materials, supplies and equipment for the Agency.
- Use of Electronic Requisitioning, Purchasing and Encumbrance Software modules for processing of purchases.
- Work closely with the Accounting Assistant-2 to resolve any issues with purchase orders or release of encumbered expenses.
- Select vendors, assess vendor capabilities, develop alternate sources and evaluate vendor performance and negotiate price and delivery.
- Maintain vendor lists and files.
- Coordinate purchasing details with vendors including pricing revisions, order cancelation, discontinued items, acceptable substitutes, delivery date revisions and invoice discrepancies.
- Compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment; provide price comparisons and quotes when requested.
- Order merchandise based on Administrative and Regional office needs.
- Review requisitions for accuracy, completeness, account codes and prepare and process purchase orders.
- Inspect merchandise for quality and reject items that do not meet specifications.
- Take corrective action to expedite late, incomplete or defective deliveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and purchase items needed to replenish bulk items inventory.
- Maintain and report on inventory utilizing electronic requisitioning software.
- Reconciliation of year-end manual inventory of bulk inventory items.
- Organize and direct the delivery and receiving process.
- Ensure items are signed for and proof of receipt is documented.
- High school diploma or GED. Job related Associate degree and/or Purchasing Certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years purchasing experience in a high volume purchasing environment.
- Knowledge of Electronic Requisitioning, Purchasing and Encumbrance software or proven ability to learn complex computer systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Current Enrollment in Child Care Division – Central Background Registry
- Ability to work successfully and consistently without supervision.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to monitor and prioritize work load properly to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to see analogous situations within a complex structure and apply similar solutions.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a team environment; provide assistance in a collaborative fashion
- Daily sitting, working at a computer keyboard and desk.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular, daily basis.
- Daily standing, reaching and bending.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions in a safe manner.
- 52 week position
- Pay Grade 11 (Barg Unit) Pending OSEA approval
- Supervised by Finance Director
This job description was last updated on July 11,2001, edited 7/2012. edited 7/2014
Policy Council approved June 2014.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer