Food deliveries are checked by food service staff before they are accepted at all kitchens.
- Delivered items are checked against the”Delivery Checklist” or “Daily Vendor Receipt.” These documents include the items, total amount sent, and portion sizes.
- If all items on the Menu on the Delivery Checklist or Daily Vendor Receipt are accounted for, classroom food service workers or site staff and food service workers signs and dates the form. If items are unaccounted for, that is noted on the Delivery Checklist before it is signed and dated. Missing items are delivered before the meal is served.
- The Delivery Checklist or Daily Vendor Receipt is checked by the Food Service Manager along with other weekly papers.
- The Food Service Manager reviews the Delivery Checklists or Daily Vendor Receipt and processes them.
- Temperatures are taken and recorded at the time of delivery on the temperature log or menu each day. The hot food should be over 140º F.and cold food below 41º F.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45CFR Section 1304.23.
It was approved by Policy Council on October 14, 1997
Updated July11, 2001. July 24, 2002. July 14, 2004. May 2018
© 1995-2010. Head Start of Lane County.All rights reserved.