Food orders and food inventory are completed weekly at the local level.
- Region staff send meals orders in by the15th of each month for the following month using the Office 365 Meal Order document.
- It is the responsibility of the Site Cook to ensure that physical inventory is done weekly and reported to the Food Service Assistant.
- It is the responsibility of site Head Cook to complete “Site Kitchen Weekly Inventory and Order form” in the Document Archive. It should be given to the food service delivery worker weekly.
- Regions and sites order supplies on the kitchen order form. (see Purchasing Procedure in Finance manual)
- Completed inventories are submitted to the Food Service Manager yearly by Site Food Service Workers. (see General Inventory in Finance manual)
- Special orders are placed by the Food Service Manager based on the weekly inventories submitted and supply request form signed by Regional Manager.
- All food and non food orders are completed by the Food Service Manager and Food Service Assistant weekly.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45CFR Section 1304.23.
It was approved by Policy Council on October 14, 1997.
Updated July 18, 2000. July 24, 2002. July 14, 2004. May 2018
© 1995-2018. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.