The Head Start Health Consultant will coordinate withLane County Public Health Department and the Licensed MedicalProfessionals on the Health Services Advisory Committee to develop aPandemic Flu Plan that links appropriate with local, state andFederal Pandemic Flu Plans.
- Health Consultant will refer to the information and materialsrelevant to preschool and child care settings that are available onthese web sites:
- Health Consultant and Family Services Staff will distributeappropriate materials to Head Start families in the event of Mild,Moderate or Severe Pandemic Flu.
- Health Consultant will coordinate with Oregon Child Care Division forrecommendations (particularly as it relates to facility closure) inthe Community Childcare and Full Day sites that are regulated by thatagency.
- Health Consultant and HSAC Chairperson will advise the ExecutiveDirector on School Closure and School Evacuation in the event ofModerate to Severe Pandemic.
- Management team will determine methods of communication with staffand determination of staff with essential functions in the event ofprolonged closure for Severe Pandemic. (Up to 3 months)
Policy developed inconjunction with Lane County Public Health Pandemic Flu Planningworkshops for school districts.
Policy Approved by HSACChairperson (Dr. Todd Huffman, MD)
The Policy Council approved on January 9, 2007