Head Start will conduct a program self assessment annually to evaluate the effectiveness and progress in meeting program goals and in implementing Federal and State Performance Standards and regulations.
- Internal Consultants and the Head Start /Early Head Start Director (HS/EHS) will coordinate the annual self assessment. This group will communicate and collaborate with the Board and Policy Council, staff, and parents during this process to help inform the self assessment focus areas. The self assessment will be conducted over an entire two month period. The Consultants and HS/EHS Director will determine the months.
- Internal consultants and HS/EHS Director will compile all information gathered, analyze the findings and write the improvement plan within 30 days from the completion of the self assessment.
- Information will be shared with management, Policy Council and Board of Directors. Regional managers will share information with DST.
- The Board of Directors and Policy Council will approve the program improvement plan.
- The program improvement plan will be submitted to Office of Head Start.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 1302.102(b)(2)(i)
It was approved by Policy Council on April 24, 2001. May 13,2003
Updated January 18, 2001. February 20, 2001. April 9, 2003.April 2009. March 2021. October 2022
© Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.
REVIEWED: December 2020. March 2021. October 2o22