Assists the Finance Department in maintaining accurate accounting systems for Head Start of Lane County, including: billing, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable.
- Utilize Agency adopted accounting software to prepare DHS childcare billings, process payments received and maintain accounts receivable detailed records.
- Collaborate with direct pay unit and DHS caseworkers regarding child care subsidies.
- Code, prepare and book weekly bank deposit consisting of any payments received for the full day program
- Prepare requisition orders for payment to community childcare providers, other outside agencies and vendors regarding the full day program.
- Prepare and maintain related correspondence, reports and statements.
- Maintain records and filing systems within Agency adopted software.
- Analyze and reconcile all related full day general ledger accounts monthly
- Provide financial analysis and budget projections relating to the full day program.
- Participate in full day enrollment during busy season as requested.
- Attend meetings and training as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree in accounting or related field preferred and minimum of four years experience in accounts receivable and billing.
- Knowledge of Agency adopted accounting software and/or proven ability to utilize complex computerized accounting systems.
- Strong computer skills, word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and internet.
- Enrollment in the Child Care Division/Central Background Registry.
- Health Questionnaire required post employment and annually thereafter.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load and deadlines.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills, particularly mathematical, bookkeeping and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to relate to clients from diverse populations, bilingual English/Spanish language skills helpful.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk.Regular standing to file misc. into filing cabinets.Occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 52 weeks per year,
- Barg. Unit
- Supervised by Finance Director
Policy Council Approval 05/08/2000, last revision August 2012.
Updated: June 2018
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.