To ensure support for Direct Service Teams at Head Start classrooms in the areas of food preparation and service, clean-up, and site sanitation.
- Food preparation, including attention to special diets and determining portion sizes.
- Food service, including table setting, delivery of food to tables, dish washing.
- Clean up of classroom serving area and kitchen.
- Storage, inventory, and ordering of food and food service equipment.
- Clean up of bathrooms and hand washing areas as requested.
- Other duties, as requested to include covering for classroom breaks.
- Work cooperatively with Head Start classroom staff, families, and food service staff.
- Frequent interaction with Food Service Manager (training, site visits).
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start policy on confidentiality.
- Previous experience in a food service and/or child care operation.
- Knowledge of quantity food preparation, kitchen equipment, and approved sanitation methods.
- Ability to work independently and assist with supervision of volunteers.
- Reliable transportation.
- Spanish language ability and or experience in a Head Start setting a plus.
- Must be currently enrolled in the Child Care Division-Central Background Registry.
- Current Food Handler’s Card Required
- Frequent kneeling, stooping, bending and reaching.
- Frequent lifting of up to 20 lbs and occasional lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Frequent decisions to assure compliance with sanitation and USDA regulations.
- 9 months
- Supervised by Regional Manager
This job description was last updated on 10/7/04.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.