Performs a variety of skilled technical support for the Consultant Services staff and programs, including advanced clerical tasks, minutes recording and distribution, scheduling/reservations and document production, creation and distribution and backup reception. Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications, collecting and mailing correspondence, copying information
- Provides technical support to and manages the assigned Consultant Services activities. Follows assigned processes and procedure to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and legal requirements.
- Maintains and updates accurate and timely record-keeping and database systems: assures inclusion of information from required sources and accuracy of records, applies applicable record systems processes and procedures; ensures confidentiality of employee data.
- Provides assistance and responds to inquiries and questions from mangers, supervisors, and employees.
- Complies, evaluates, and organizes information and data for review, may conduct special reports or studies; maintains documentation and files in a confidential manner.
- Participants in training and development activities and present information to employee groups.
- Attends various training and development courses and programs in the Consultant Services field. May represent the agency at task forces, committees, etc. as assigned.
- Additional duties include drafting and distributing mailings, filing student information and scheduling appointments.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, and data entry skills are required.
- Assist with reception desk coverage as needed.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to the Head Start policy on confidentiality.
50 Week Position/with layoff weeks.
Supervised by Child Development/Disabilities Consultant
Job Description Created May 2017
Policy Council approved June 2017
Updated: August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.