Under the supervision and direction of the Child Development/Disabilities Consultant, the Early Childhood Education Coordinator promotes the school readiness of Head Start of Lane County’s children by providing technical assistance, mentoring, and training to the staff and agency. The planning of children’s readiness to learn involves culturally responsive, integrated service delivery of child development, disabilities, and mental health that supports learning environments to: a) enhance children’s cognitive, social, and emotional development and b) promote children’s growth in language, literacy, mathematics, science, social and emotional development, creative arts, physical development, and approaches to learning.
- Ability to utilize agency resources, technology and library to appropriately answer questions and provides guidance to staff and parents.
- Ability to train and provide presentations to large and small groups.
- Ability to collaborate with and have working knowledge of local community resources related to disability services.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load and deadlines.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet the needs of all children specifically those with special needs, challenging behaviors, at risk, gifted and culturally diverse populations.
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk, standing to file misc. documents in filing cabinet. Occasional bending, stooping and lifting up to 25 lbs.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Policy Council Approval June 2012 Job description created June 2012
Updated June 2019. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Because this position requires in-person work and is student and/or visitor facing, complete vaccination against coronavirus disease 2019 (also known as COVID-19) is required.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.b