To provide administrative support to executive administrators, Board of Directors and Policy Council of Head Start of Lane County. Support includes advanced clerical tasks, minutes recording and distribution, scheduling/reservations and bookings for a variety of functions, document production, creation and distribution and backup reception and purchasing. In addition this position is classified as confidential and is involved in the labor relations process as a recorder.
- Word processing support for Executive group, Consultants and other agency needs.
- Produce final drafts of minutes, manuals, rosters, grant requests and misc. executive documents.
- Collect, collate and distribute information, maintain and organize data and files.
- Make appointments, maintain calendars and act as liaison for Executive staff.
- Provide staff support to Board of Directors and parent Policy Council, its officers and committees. Schedule meetings, reserve rooms, attend meetings, record minutes, make phone calls and other services as needed.
- Act as Parent Volunteer Coordinator, recruitment, administration, orientation and training, collaborating with agency Volunteer Coordinator.
- Supervise volunteer in clerical, data entry and other miscellaneous duties assigned.
- Process, organize and delegate production requests.
- Participate in design, updating and distribution of program forms and monthly newsletter.
- Produce various documents, flyers, parent handbook, training material and Policy Council Handbook.
- Operate various office equipment; be a resource to other staff.
- Update external and internal web site information and links.
- Invoice as required.
- Perform as last backup for Receptionist, operating multi-phone system and customer service.
- Assume other reception duties as needed; open and distribute mail; open/close office, etc.
- Attend job-related meetings and trainings as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- High School diploma or GED. Related Associate Degree or Certificate in Office Administration preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Head Start administrative functions is highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of general office/administrative practices generally gained through four years of progressive administrative experience.
- Strong computer literacy using IBM compatible systems, Windows, Microsoft Office, Open Office, Internet and email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent editing, note taking and keyboard skills (70 WPM).
- Enrollment in Child Care Division-Central Background Registry is required.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve and effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to accurately transcribe verbal communications to written format.
- Occasional lifting of 25 lbs, daily sitting at computer workstation for long periods, frequent standing to operate various office equipment.
- 52 weeks
- Supervised by
This job description was last updated 03-06, 11/2013
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.