To provide routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, and assist with remodels and installations. Provide support services such as transporting materials/furnishings related to staffing changes, relocations and expansion of facilities and training or event set ups.
- Basic knowledge, skills and experience in repair and maintenance of equipment, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 70lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes frequent ladder climbing and occasionally crawling under buildings.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
This job description was last updated on 03/06/2009
Head Start of Lane County is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer.