To provide routine and/or emergency repairs and maintenance of facilities, grounds, equipment, and assist with remodels and installations. Provide support services such as transporting materials/furnishings related to staffing changes, relocations and expansion of facilities and training or event set ups.
Essential Job Responsibilities – Performance Indicators
Facilities & Grounds Maintenance & Repair (85%)
- Assist with repair and maintenance of buildings, storage facilities, machinery and equipment agency wide.
- Assist with remodels, refurbishing and repair of interior office spaces, classrooms and storage units, includes minor carpentry, painting, sanding and refinishing of furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Assist with moving office furniture, fixtures and equipment within and between sites to support staffing changes, relocations, remodels and program expansion.
- Assist with routine maintenance of all heating and ventilation systems.
- Assists with minor plumbing and electrical repairs and maintenance.
- Assist with routine inspections of interior and exterior areas to insure areas are free of safety hazards, trash, weeds and other foreign materials etc.
- Assist with regular maintenance and upkeep of outside areas, including lawns, landscaped beds, play grounds and parking lots, to include weeding, mowing, landscape bark application, trash and litter removal and whatever else is required to keep areas clean and neat.
- Assist with repair, maintenance, upkeep, moving & transport of playground structures.
- Insure that safety and health procedures are followed as directed by Administrative Manager.
- Complete safety checklist once per month at each site.
Material, Equipment, Supplies & Miscellaneous (15%)
- Assist with transport and delivery of supplies to sites
- Complete daily pre-trip van checklist.
- Assist with training and special event set-ups.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required or recommended by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond to on-call after hours emergency (facilities and maintenance) Emergency Call Back pay, per current labor contract, applies.
- High School diploma or GED preferred and one year of related work experience.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to perform occasional after hours emergency services.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Employment contingent upon the results of the following:
- Enrollment in Child Care Division- Central Background Registry
- DMV check
- Drug Screen
- Physical Capacity Examination
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge, skills and experience in repair and maintenance of equipment, furniture, fixtures, facilities systems, grounds and structures.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Ability to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Daily lifting up to 70lbs, to load and transport bulk supplies, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Occasional lifting of over 70lbs., with assistance.
- Daily standing for periods of several hours while executing various tasks.
- Regular crouching, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling etc. to facilitate various repairs and maintenance activities. Includes frequent ladder climbing and occasionally crawling under buildings.
- Regular reaching, including over-head to stock & retrieve supplies, equipment, painting, repairs etc.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- 51 weeks per program year (unless temporary/substitute classification)
- Pay Grade 5 (Bargaining Unit)
- Supervised by Facilities Manager
This job description was last updated on 03/06/2009. August 2021
This job description was last updated on 08/11/2021. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Are you able to perform all of the duties stated in the job description?
Signature : _____________________________________ Date: _______________
Print Name: __________________________________________________________