To apply professional expertise in parent, family and community engagement, working in cooperation with all other disciplines (Child Development/Disabilities, Health, Mental Health, Nutrition and Administration) in order to provide internal consulting services, training and compliance monitoring. The Family Community Engagement Consultant will assure that adequate training is provided to parents and staff and that site reviews are completed to monitor program compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Provide assistance and consultation to assure that written policies and procedures are kept current.
- Attend interagency, organizational and committee meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with outside agencies to advocate for the needs of Head Start families.
- Supervise, train, direct and evaluate the Family Support Coordinators and other assigned positions.
- Perform other duties as requested.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
This job description was last updated: 12/14; 03/06, along with Policy Council Approval 04/11/06
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.