The Family Support/Interpreter Outreach Manager will be the lead person in the Family engagement process. The Family Support/Interpreter Manager will have a variety of responsibilities:
- Support the South Lane region as a liaison for families who speak Spanish and/or Mam.
- Assist with, and provide community resources and collaborations, support service delivery, monitoring and reporting, and provide best practices in working with Spanish Speaking families.
- Provide mentoring and training for the Family Support / Interpreter’s and support for the Regional and Assistant Regional Managers as needed.
- Manage Community Partner Relations. Interfacing with community partners and openly representing the agency among public officials, businesses, other agencies, and the general public
Essential Job Responsibilities: Performance Indicators
- Assist and provide support and coordination for Spanish Speaking families with required procedures: enrollment, orientations, registration, classroom screenings and child assessments.
- Assist Spanish-speaking telephone callers with receiving and giving information.
- Translate written materials from English to Spanish: flyers, letters to parents, calendars etc.
- Assist Agency direct service staff with verbal communication with Spanish-speaking families (e.g., parent activity events, home visits, parent-teacher conferences, etc.)
- Attend staffing and meetings with direct service staff either in small group or one on one as needed.
- Organize and lead the Family Support/Interpreter monthly meetings.
- Provide resources and referrals to Spanish speaking families as requested to support their efforts and family partnership plans. Set/monitor appropriate family and/or individual goals.
- Ensure that health follow up and screenings requirements are met for Spanish Speaking children.
- Attend Regional and Agency training that pertain to the Family Service Component.
- Document in the Agency Data System the support provided and interactions with Spanish Speaking Families.
- Serve as a Point of Contact. The Family Support / Interpreter Outreach Manger is a personal contact for the agency programs with the goal to increase public awareness of the agency’s activities in a favorable way.
- Report regularly to the Head Start Director.
- Other duties as requested.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Family and Humans Services or related field. 3 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
- Requires advanced Spanish/English verbal and written translation experience, minimum one to two years’ relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of local community resources.
- Frequent significant decision and problem – solving abilities.
- Ability to work as a team member collaborating with staff, parents and community resources.
- Ability to respond appropriately to an emergency or a crisis situation.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, internet and e-mail.
- Current enrollment in the Child Care Division- Central Background Registry.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License, proof of current auto insurance and access to transportation.
- Must have flexible schedule to accommodate family needs, may include some evening or weekend hours.
- Must be Pediatric CPR & First Aid certified within 30 days of employment.
Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes
- Must be able to effectively operate a motor vehicle, as local travel is required.
- Must be able to work without intensive supervision.
- Must be able to balance and prioritize workload.
- 46 weeks per year
- Pay Grade 13
- Exempt position/Non-Bargaining Unit
- Supervised by Family and Community Engagement Consultant
Job Description created 8/28/2019
Policy Council approved 9/2019
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.