Provide administrative, clerical and operational support for the Food Service Department and Food Service Manager. Acts as back-up for kitchen operation in absence of Head Cooks. Acts as a back-up for CACFP compliance procedures in absence of Food Service Manager. Develop and maintain required records and systems.
- Order and pick up misc. supplies as needed.
- Ensure CACFP and food safety compliance in food service operations through communication to kitchen and regional staff.
- Assure that quality services are delivered in a coordinated, integrated manner.
- Submit monthly reports on Food Service activities to the Food Service Manager.
- Ensure CACFP compliance at sites with site monitoring reviews. Communicate corrections to Regional Manager in timely and professional manner.
- Monitor and assure availability of supplies, equipment and maintenance.
- Create and maintain supportive documentation as appropriate.
- Assist Human Resources in the hiring for regional sites and substitute staff.
- Participate in professional development activities and organized community events as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start Policy on confidentiality
This job description was last updated June 28, 2016. August 2021. January 2022
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
Head Start of Lane County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.