Performs a variety of skilled technical support for Human Resources and Operations Departments, including maintain records, compiling information, and submitting forms in order to keep HSOLC facilities and employees licensed. Coordinates with Human Resources, Operations Department, employment applicants, and State Agencies and to ensure timely and efficient license renewal and/or other related technical support functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities – Performance Indicators
State licensing compliance, site binders staff orientation processes
- Supports HR and Opertion department staff in maintaining documents and data related to Oregon Registry Online, Central Background Registry verifications, and site licensing.
- Assists in screening employment applicants using licensing and Agency requirements.
- Stays informed of current City, County, State and Federal regulations.
- Assists in the development of licensing procedures technical manuals and forms as assigned.
- Answers questions related to licensing or direct to most appropriate personnel.
- Responds to emails and voice messages on licensing.
- Provides technical support to manage licensing activities. Follows assigned processes and procedure to ensure compliance with appropriate policies and legal requirements.
Records Maintenance and Clerical Support
- Accurately maintains and updates record-keeping and database systems in a timely manner. Ensures confidentiality of employee data.
- Ensures regular filing of documents related to personnel records, i.e. certifications etc., ensuring that all confidential information remains secure and discarded/expired items are shredded.
- Assists in regular monitoring & follow up of status of staff requirements including Central Background Registry, CPR/First Aid certifications, Safety Sets, Training’s, Food Handlers Cards and Health Appraisals, on-boarding rosters, etc., relaying information to respective supervisors and staff.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties as required in the assigned work area(s).
- Assists with reception desk coverage when needed.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to the Head Start policy on confidentiality.
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- Minimum one year clerical support experience in office environment with related duties of Human Resources, Operations and/or Early Childhood.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
- Advanced computer skills including database, word processing, keyboarding and e-mail, internet knowledge.
- Health Appraisal Questionnaire is required at hire and will be updated every two years.
- At time of hire must be currently enrolled in Child Care Division-Central Background Registry and must renew every two years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a participatory team environment.
- Ability to effectively interface with individuals or groups of people representing various backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing, including explaining policies, processes, and procedures to others.
- Ability to interpret and apply program or departmental information in making work decisions or in providing information to others.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and coordinate a variety of activities, with good attention to detail and ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Required to use considerable judgment in day-to-day situations, research and investigate problems and summarize findings
Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others, including the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Regular standing to file documents, make copies, faxing etc.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Frequent sitting for long periods using computer keyboard, telephone and other office machines.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds, stooping, bending standing and reaching
- 50 Week Position/with layoff weeks.
- 20 hours weekly
- Supervised by Human Resources Director
Policy Council Approval 11/2018
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.
© 2018 Head Start of Lane County | 221 B Street, Springfield, OR 97477 | (541) 747-2425