Responsible for operations of the agency including facility management, information systems, transportation, and administration of business development. Supervises managers and technicians and ensures that the Performance Standards and regulations are met and that agency facilities and operations are effective and efficient; works closely with agency managers to coordinate agency operations; responsible for meeting Head Start Performance Standards and following the agency policies and procedures.
Regularly monitor functional areas (facilities, playgrounds, food service, transportation and information technology systems) to assure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, local, state and federal regulations.
- Approve purchase orders, sign payroll and accounts payable checks.
- Serve as a member of the agency’s executive, budget, safety, insurance and training committees.
- Facilitate the Board Facilities Committee.
- Plan and coordinate community volunteer events (i.e. Day of Caring).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Periodic training and presentations to the community, staff, Board of Directors and Policy Council.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
Job description created and approved by Policy Council & Board of Directors, August 2010, edited 09/2012
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.