Oversees reception area at larger sites/locations and related functions.
- Answer multi-line telephone switchboard in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Transfer calls for 25+ employees.
- Accurately receive, record and disseminate messages.
- Update voice-mail as needed.
- Answer phone questions regarding operations, transportation, enrollment etc.
- Receive and distribute inter-office mail.
- Pick up mail from mailbox on a daily basis.
- Send and receive faxes.
- Greet, assist and direct all visitors in a courteous manner.
- Assure all visitors sign in on appropriate logs.
- Post and update information on bulletin boards.
- Keep area clean and clear of obstructions that might impede traffic flow and safety considerations.
- Keep pamphlets and employment application bins filled with current materials.
- Check for adults cleared to pick up children.
- Data entry into Agency adopted software and other computer applications as requested.
- Provide assistance for Region, run attendance and other regional reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- High school diploma or GED required and one year experience in general office practices with emphasis on reception, switchboard.
- Bilingual verbal and written skills in English and Spanish are required.
- Strong computer skills using PC’s and variety of software applications, word processing, database & e-mail.
- Ability to appropriately interact with a wide variety of individuals, i.e. staff, parents and the public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of office equipment, copier, fax, postage meter, voice mail etc.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Must be currently enrolled in Child Care Division, Criminal History Registry
- Maintain professional & courteous attitude under stress of work demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Regular sitting, stooping and bending on daily basis.
- Ability to use phone system and verbally relay messages.
- Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to visually scan immediate work environment
- 9 month position
- Supervised by Regional Manager
This job description was last updated on December 4, 2006. June 2018. January 2019
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.