To assist classroom staff and cooperate in a supportive role carrying out developmentally appropriate activities. To promote the health, nutrition and education of the children and to attend to their safety and welfare.
Classroom Time (Approx 55%)
- Assist in setting up environment (indoor/outdoor) for the activities of the day.
- Use developmentally appropriate practices to facilitate activities with groups and individuals.
- Observe and record behaviors of children to assist the teacher in the identification of each child’s strengths and areas to grow.
- Utilize lesson plans at the direction of classroom staff, which reflect mandated elements, parental and cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of Head Start children.
- Follow a consistent schedule which includes small and large group experiences, choice time, music and movement, large and small motor activities, skill development, three meals, and effective transitions between activities.
- Encourage experimentation, exploration, problem solving, cooperation, socialization, and choice making; ask open-ended questions and listen respectfully to the answers.
- Provide an atmosphere that promotes and reinforces parental involvement in the classroom. .
- Sanitize classroom equipment and laundry.
- Assist with meal service as needed.
Bus Monitor ( up to 40%)
- Monitor and manage behavior of children.
- Secure children in age/weight appropriate restraints.
- Communication with families, including mail, sign-off to authorized adults, cell phones etc.
- Assist in emergency evacuation.
Misc. (approx 5%)
- Assure/assist in general maintenance and security of facility.
- Attend meetings, training’s, and appropriate professional development activities when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
All communications are potentially sensitive and are subject to Head Start’s policy on confidentiality.
- GED/High School Diploma minimum with post high school educational coursework in Early Childhood Education/Development highly desirable.
- Demonstrated classroom ability, typically one year pre-school classroom experience or equivalent.
- Strong communications skills, especially good listening & writing skills.
- Knowledge of typical behaviors/expectations of three and four year old children typically gained through a minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Must have a current Food Handler’s Card. Pediatric CPR and First Aide desirable.
- Current enrollment in the Child Care Division-Central Background Registry.
- Ability to visually assess children’s health and behaviors and make frequent significant decisions to assure their health and safety
- Ability to apply developmentally appropriate practices for young children in a classroom, playground and bus settings.
- Frequent kneeling, bending at waist and neck, and sitting on floor also frequent getting up and down from seat to assist children on bus and in classroom.
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 lbs.) in classroom setting and assisting children into seats on the bus and the ability to carry or drag a child in an emergency situation out of a bus to a safe area.
- Occasional climbing to enter and exit a bus and sitting throughout bus routes.
- Percentages of job responsibilities may vary depending upon site needs and locations.
- Substitutes will remain on sub lists for entire program year (Aug 1, thru July 31)
- Supervised by Regional Manager.
viagra and drinking alcohol http://snowdropfoundation.org/papers/example-cover-letter-for-consultant-position/12/ viagra sildenafil what is a thesis paper generic viagra softabs po box delivery viagra availability in india dissertation and thesis from start to finish go site cover letter for retail sales assistant do custom essay writing services work fraction homework help https://lajudicialcollege.org/forall/traduction-essays-on-punning-and-translation/16/ writing prompt for college go site where can i buy written essays go here follow link essay on when i was stuck in traffic jam generic cialis does not work watch write short essay on holi in hindi https://worldtop20.org/system/information-retrieval-system-thesis/30/ http://jeromechamber.com/event/coursework-or-course-work/23/ https://homemods.org/usc/love-essay-topics/46/ https://bmxunion.com/daily/law-dissertation-writing-tips/49/ source link http://mce.csail.mit.edu/institute/best-creative-writing-university-canada/21/ cialis cost women taking viagra essay on mars planet http://teacherswithoutborders.org/teach/write-opinion-essayv/21/ job cover letter for bank tellers This job description was last updated on 08/30/04.
Head Start of Lane County is an EEO Employer.