Full day / year services will be available for eligible Head Start families using Parent Pay or Financial Aid when Full Day slots are available, and if other childcare subsidies are not available. For the purposes of this policy, the term “Parent Pay” shall refer to both unsubsidized out of pocket co-payments, and co-payments made with Financial Aid in place. It is understood that the Parent Pay is voluntary and covers extended childcare hours The Head Start Full Day program serves admits families who are working, participating in job search, or attending school and who demonstrate a need for Full Day services.
- Payments will be mailed or made in person at the Head Start Central Office, 221 B Street, Springfield Oregon. Locked payment boxes are available at sites for check and money order payments.
- Cash payments can only be made in person at the Head Start Central Office.
- If a cash payment is received, the Finance Office will provide a written receipt.
Transport of Parent Pay Cash Payments
- Designated staff are assigned to transport payments from sites to the Central Office.
- Designated staff are notified by DST when check or money order payments are made at the site. DST check locked payment boxes regularly for these payments.
- When designated staff retrieve a payment from a locked payment box at the site, the payment is logged into the transport log, and witnessed by another staff member (signature or initials). The payment is then secured into a locking bag or locking box and transported to the Central Office.
- Designated staff deliver the payment to the Receptionist
The Receptionist will accept the payment and:
- Sign for the receipt of payment on the transport log.
- Complete a receipt for the payment.
- Enter the payment into the Pay Table in the appropriate electronic record.
- Lock the payment into the Front Desk safe.
Policy Council approved April 24, 2001. October 2017.
Updated October 2010. September 2017