Full day / year services will be available for eligible Head Start families using Parent Pay or Financial Aid when Full Day slots are available, and if other childcare subsidies are not available. For the purposes of this policy, the term “Parent Pay” shall refer to both unsubsidized out of pocket co-payments, and co-payments made with Financial Aid in place. It is understood that the Parent Pay is voluntary and covers extended childcare hours The Head Start Full Day program serves admits families who are working, participating in job search, or attending school and who demonstrate a need for Full Day services.
- Parent must maintain a minimum of 30 hours per week to qualify for Full Day.
- Head Start and parents have explored all possible options for childcare subsides.
- Parent is responsible for payment each month.
- Prior to attending, parent must sign a Full Day Pay Agreement. Copies of the signed agreement should be forwarded to Finance/Full Day Billing and the ERSEA Manager
- Billing statements shall be provided to families and agencies by the 5th of each month. If the 5th falls on a Saturday, the statement will be available on the Friday before. If the 5th falls on a Sunday, statement will be available on the following Monday. If the child begins attending within the last 5 days of a month, there will be no charge assessed for that first month.
- Parent Pay will be due by the 15th of each month. If the 15th falls on a Saturday, payment should be paid on the Friday before. If the 15th falls on a Sunday, payment should be made on the following Monday. Parent Pay will be the same amount every month. The only exception shall be the month of September, which will be prorated when the start date is on or after the 10th of the month; families beginning attendance on or after the 10th of any month will have the first month prorated. HSOLC will not prorate for family schedule changes; however, if Head Start is notified in advance, bills may be prorated in cases of a child’s serious medical condition which prevents attendance, or when the family moves out of Lane County.
- If payment is not received by the 15th of the month, the billing clerk will notify the Regional Manager (RM) and ERSEA Manager. If payment is not received, on the 16th of the month, the Full Day Regional Assistant will check lock boxes for payments, make reminder calls to families regarding payment due, and inform Full Day staff if the family is experiencing hardship. Full Day staff will work to support the family and assist them in developing a payment plan. The family will be offered a transfer to the Part Day or Extended Day Program.
- If payment is not received by the 25th of the month, the billing clerk will send the family a past due notice. The family will be notified of the transfer to the Part Day or Extended Day Program, and will be withdrawn from the Full Day Program.
- The parent will be required to set up a payment plan for any past due co pay amount.
- Payments will be mailed or made in person at the Head Start Central Office, 221 B Street, Springfield Oregon. Locked payment boxes are available at sites for check and money order payments.
- Cash payments can only be made in person at the Head Start Central Office.
- If a cash payment is received, the Finance Office will provide a written receipt.
Transport of Parent Pay Cash Payments
- Designated staff are assigned to transport payments from sites to the Central Office.
- Designated staff are notified by DST when check or money order payments are made at the site. DST check locked payment boxes regularly for these payments.
- When designated staff retrieve a payment from a locked payment box at the site, the payment is logged into the transport log, and witnessed by another staff member (signature or initials). The payment is then secured into a locking bag or locking box and transported to the Central Office.
- Designated staff deliver the payment to the Receptionist
The Receptionist will accept the payment and:
- Sign for the receipt of payment on the transport log.
- Complete a receipt for the payment.
- Enter the payment into the Pay Table in the appropriate electronic record.
- Lock the payment into the Front Desk safe.
Policy Council approved April 24, 2001. October 2017.
Updated October 2010. September 2017