Program staff will support families in establishing a medical and dental home (an ongoing source of medical or dental care) for their child within 90 days of the child’s first day of class. Procedures will be in place to make a determination about whether the child is up to date on well-child care within 90 days. If any medical or dental follow-up is required, a follow-up plan will be developed to assist families in accessing needed treatment.
custom bibliography editing websites for masters using paper writing services https://web.ics.purdue.edu/~asub/?doc=professional-critical-analysis-essay-ghostwriter-website-for-university case studty synthesis essay format viagra india online how to delete mail account from iphone 8 http://www.safeembrace.org/mdrx/get-terbinafine/68/ editing essay practice enter site http://mechajournal.com/alumni/assignment-dissertation-help/12/ free resume samples for retail sales https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/sample-thesis-chapter-4-presentation-analysis-and-interpretation-of-data/17/ https://bonusfamilies.com/lecture/how-to-start-an-essay-for-college-admission/21/ https://pittsburghgreenstory.com/newyork/cover-page-of-thesis-proposal/15/ term paper on zigbee viagra injection viagra in shops follow http://almadenyoga.com/clinic/viagra-suppliers-uk/65/ best term paper sites essay grading rubric high school go here bad essay samples source link http://www.danhostel.org/papers/writing-classes-montreal/11/ buy term papers online will writing service nottingham viagra in australia for sale lowet price on generic viagra best university essay writing service god helps those who helps themselves essays Regional Assistant (RA) Responsibilities:
- Assess whether the child has a medical and dental home. This should initially occur during the registration interview:
- If so, the names of those providers and any insurance or OHP information should be entered into WebCAF.
- The Health Appraisal form should be signed by the parent and forwarded to the Health Assistant.
- If they do not have a medical or dental home, the RA should try to ascertain barriers and note these in WebCAF. If financial limitations are the only barrier, they should be given information about community resources, and encouraged to apply for the Oregon Health Plan- otherwise, the Teacher/FSC and CCC has primary responsibility for addressing barriers.
- The RA should encourage parent or guardian to sign the Authorization for Dental Hygiene services so that preventive dental care can occur in the Head Start setting in coordination with the child’s dental home. If there is no dental home in place, the Dental Hygiene Exam will assist us in connecting family with appropriate community resources for dental care.
Teacher / FSC & CCC Responsibilities:
- Teacher/FSC and CCC should ascertain which families do not have medical and dental homes by using WebCAF.
- For any families who do not have a medical or dental home established in 90 days, there must be documentation in WebCAF of all barriers, and a plan of action must be developed with the family. Ideally this should be incorporated in with the Strengths and Needs Assessment.
- If the Teacher/FSC and CCC is unable to get a family to participate in a plan to establish a medical and dental home, the Health Consultant should be contacted for support.
- As soon as a medical & dental home is established, the Teacher/FSC and CCC should have the parent complete the Health Appraisal form and forward that to the Health Assistant. They should also update WebCAF with the Medical/Dental Home information.
- If the Teacher/FSC and CCC learns of medical or dental issues that require ongoing follow-up they will document this in WebCAF, and request assistance from the Health Team in developing a follow-up plan. (Health Assistant, Health Consultant).
Health Assistant and Health Consultant (HC) Responsibilities:
- Health Assistant and HC will work together to get Health Appraisal form completed by the child’s medical provider in a timely manner.
- RA will use the dental Hygiene Exam form to document dental needs in the screening section of WebCAF.
- Health Assistant will input information from Health Appraisal form into WebCAF and will notify HC of any that come back indicating that the child is not up to date on Well Child Care.
- If child’s Healthcare Provider responds that the child is not up to date on Well Child Care, the Teacher/FSC/CCC, and the family will work together to develop a plan to bring the child up to date on Well Child Care. The HC will document this in WebCAF.
- If the Health Appraisal form indicates that the child has ongoing medical issues that require follow-up, the HC will develop a follow-up plan and document this in WebCAF.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45CFR Section 1304.20.
Policy Council approved it on September 10, 2002.
Created May 29,2002.
Updated June 21, 2004. July 2013
© 1995 – 2013. Head Start of Lane County.All rights reserved.