Food Service Menu Records
Menu Production Records are completed daily
- The Food Service staff are responsible for completing the “Menu Records” on a regular basis. Menu Records for all breakfast, lunches and snacks shows Head Start meets all program requirements, including date meal is served.
- All meals are planned according to USDA-CACFP food requirements for each meal. A 20 day Cycle Menu is used by Head Start of Lane County and it is analyzed by a qualified Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Food Cost.
- A variety of food is served to broaden child’s food experience.
- Three to five year olds in Center based sites, or other Head Start group experiences, must be served foods high in nutrients and low in fat,sugar and salt.
- The delivery checklist show all sites receive actual food items served each day and any substitutes for special diets. (see Delivery Checklist)
- If a prepared product (fish patty) is used, we have Child-Nutrition Label (CN Label) on file. If item is combination food (lasagna) we have recipe on file, including serving size.
- Menu Records are kept on file for each school year and for three years in locked storage.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 45 CFR Section 1304.23.
It was approved by Policy Council on October 14, 1997.
Updated July 25, 2001. July 14, 2004. May 2018
© 1995-2018. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.