Program planning will be continuous and ongoing and will include involvement by Board of Directors, Policy Council, program staff and community organizations.
A planning calendar will be developed yearly and will guide the process, focusing on the development of goals, collecting outcome data,analysis of results and continuous improvement.
- Program planning will include the following elements:
- Community Needs Assessment – every three years.
- Strategic Planning, including long and short term goals – every three years.
- Work plans / policies and procedures – yearly reviews and updates.
- Policy Council and Board of Director orientation – yearly.
- Self assessment – yearly.
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Grant planning, including budgets – yearly.
- Continuous communication and feedback.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 1304.51
It was approved by Policy Council on April 24, 2001
It was approved by the Board of Directors on November 17, 2009
Updated January 18, 2001. February 20, 2001. April 2009
© 1995-2010. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.