Head Start of Lane County will maintain a safe and healthy workplace for all employees.
Management commitment to workplace safety (Roles and Responsibilities)
- Provide necessary physical resources (tools, equipment, and materials) to ensure employees are able to accomplish their assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide psychosocial support (training, workloads and scheduling) to ensure employees are able to accomplish their assigned tasks in an efficient and safe manner.
- Prevent, identify, control, and correct hazards and behaviors.
- Attend training in Accident/Incident Investigation and Hazard Identification
- Be familiar with OAR 437-001-0760 Rules for All Workplaces http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/osha/pdf/rules/division_1/div1-0760-generalprovisions.pdf
- Comply with “Management Responsibility to Committee Member” as stated in Safety Committee Member Contract.
- Comply with safety standards.
- Coordinate safety work orders with maintenance.
- Ensure all employees under their supervision have adequate knowledge and skills to perform duties assigned.
- Recognize and reward employees who voluntarily participate in safety activities.
Policy Council approved on October 12, 2004
©2004-2011. Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.