Every three years, at a minimum, Head Start of Lane County will initiate a strategic planning process, involving policy groups, staff, administration and community partners to formulate long range goals and short term program and financial objectives for the agency. The Community Needs Assessment,as well as other information gathered in yearly updated information, will be used in the process. The strategic directions established in this process will guide grant planning, budget discussions and other program decisions affecting the agency’s approach to serving children and families.
- Invite key members of the Head Start community, including staff, governing bodies, Policy Council, Health Advisory and other community representatives (EC-CARES, Adult & Family Services, United Way, Services to Children and Families, University of Oregon, Lane Community College).
- Schedule times and places for sessions that are appropriate and convenient for those involved. Offer video-conferencing to reduce barriers to participate.
- Assign facilitator and recorder(s).
- Orient participants to the mission, goals and philosophy of the agency and the Head Start program.
- Provide opportunities for individual input and group discussion.
- Summarize and distribute the results to participates.
This policy complies with Head Start Performance Standard 1302.102(a) (1)
It was approved by Policy Council on April 24, 2001
Updated January 18, 2001. March 2021
© Head Start of Lane County. All rights reserved.
REVIEWED: December 2020. March 2021